The University of Regina Open Educational Resource (OER) Publishing Program supports and facilitates the creation and use of open educational resources for teaching and learning.
The OER Publishing Program also strives to raise awareness amongst faculty of the benefits of OER for teaching and learning in the classroom through offering various information sessions throughout the year. The program provides funding to support the development of OER by faculty for use in courses at the University.
The funded OER are peer reviewed to ensure that they maintain as high a quality standard as possible. The OER Publishing Program also seeks to make sure that the funded projects have a sustainability plan for their continued development, which is key for the continuous improvement and overall quality of the OER.
The OER Publishing Program also assists faculty members in the adoption and development of open courseware which aims to enhance teaching and learning experiences. To this end, the program compiles a list of open courseware available for use by faculty both within and outside the University of Regina. The OER Publishing Program collaborates closely with the Archer Library and CCE / Flexible Learning Division in providing such supports for faculty. The Archer Library has an Open Access site https://www.uregina.ca/open-access/index.html as well as information on open educational resources available at https://www.uregina.ca/open-access/oer/index.html. The Library provides a few links to open educational resources at this second link.
To achieve its objectives, the OER Publishing Program
- advocates for the use of OER in teaching and learning across the University;
- administers grants for the creation and adaptation of OER in teaching and learning;
- provides support for faculty engaged in the development and use of OER in teaching and learning at the University;
- organizes workshops/webinars to raise awareness of the benefits of OER for teaching and learning;
- collaborates with other units across the University to promote awareness of OER;
- maintains connections with OER programs at other institutions in Canada and abroad; and
- represents the University of Regina nationally and internationally at events related to OER.